- Laredo, TX
- First shift
- Job ID:
- Full time; Wed - Sat and Every Other Sun 6AM-4PM
Schneider is seeking a Yard Jockey to provide customer service to drivers and Owner/Operators in the areas of yard flow, fueling, shipment assignments, regulatory permits, showers, administrative support, and maintenance needs. This individual works closely with a variety of departments including Lines of Business, Maintenance, Security Services, Customer Service, Regulatory and Claims. This person will reposition equipment in the Schneider operated yard to ensure the most efficient traffic and flow through the yard in addition to duties in the operating center.
About the role:
- Organizes the Schneider yard by driving and moving tractors and trailers to maximize space and make sure equipment is in the right location, this may include moving equipment to assist the shop when needed.
- Monitors and analyzes yard demand conditions daily, both visually and by using spreadsheets, reports, charts and graphs. Perform visual equipment checks when doing yard checks and writing up any equipment that needs repairs.
- Operates security gates, handles yard flow, and directs parking. Welcomes drivers at the entrance gate with the use of security cameras and speakers, records unit numbers and status in the computer. Verifies proper security and communicates maintenance procedures as units enter and exit Operating Center gates.
- Maintain consistent attendance while exhibiting behavior in alignment with our core values.
As an associate you will enjoy a strong work/life balance that includes paid vacation and holidays along with paid personal time off. You will also have access to medical, dental, and vision insurance and enjoy our company-paid life insurance and 401(k) savings with a company funded retirement plan. We also offer a results-based incentive pay program where you can earn above and beyond your base pay. Schneider values individual development and offers a wide variety of opportunities through company-paid training and more than 170 personal development courses. What are you waiting for, you will love it here!
Ideal candidates will have:
- High School Diploma/GED or equivalent work experience. Four to six years relevant experience.
- Take initiative, a self-starter
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and prioritize workload
- Valid driver's license and meet Schneider's DMV record standards
- Bilingual - Spanish
- Tractor-Trailer Driving Experience
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion
Our history has taught us that treating everyone with dignity and respect is vital to our ongoing success. We embrace and seek out diversity that is inclusive of thought, race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, age, religion, sexual orientation, ability, medical condition, veteran or military status, experience and background. We find that this diversity and openness ensures that all our associates have equal access to opportunities and resources to contribute fully to the organization’s success, and it fuels innovation, improves strategic thinking and cultivates leadership.