Lead Data Scientist
- Green Bay, WI
- First shift
- Job ID:
- Full time; Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Schneider is looking to add a Lead Data Scientist to our team. In this role you will be collaborating with a multi-disciplinary team of engineers, data scientists and analysts and working with large data sets of structured and unstructured data. As the Data Scientist Lead you will use the scientific method to develop and test models that explain and predict behavior.
About the role:
- Prepare proposals, statements-of-work, project logs and updates, and presentations in a clear and concise manner
- Help design the analytics and decision support framework that enables continuous solution improvement via self-learning algorithms
- Effectively scope projects and work assignments and make realistic work completion estimates.
- Make business recommendations with effective presentations of findings to multiple levels of stakeholders through visual displays of quantitative information.
- Create innovative statistics models and technical approaches that address complex business issues, and lead medium and large projects as assigned
As an associate you will enjoy a strong work/life balance that includes paid vacation and holidays along with paid personal time off. You will also have access to medical, dental, and vision insurance and enjoy our company-paid life insurance and 401(k) savings with a company funded retirement plan. We also offer a results-based incentive pay program where you can earn above and beyond your base pay. Schneider is dedicated to continuous individual development and offers a wide variety of opportunities through company-paid training and more than 170 personal development courses. What are you waiting for? You will love it here.
Ideal candidate will have:
- PhD Degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g., statistics, operations research, bioinformatics, economics, computational biology, computer science, mathematics, physics, electrical engineering, industrial engineering) plus a minimum of four years of relevant work experience
- Advanced skill with predictive modeling using machine learning techniques and algorithms
- Experience with statistical software (e.g., R, Python, MATLAB, SPSS, SAS), data access/manipulation (e.g., SQL, pandas, dplyr) and NoSQL databases (e.g., MongoDB, Cassandra, HBase) required; experience with cloud computation (AWS, Azure) highly desired
- Applied experience with machine learning techniques and algorithms on large datasets
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion
Our history has taught us that treating everyone with dignity and respect is vital to our ongoing success. We embrace and seek out diversity that is inclusive of thought, race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, age, religion, sexual orientation, ability, medical condition, veteran or military status, experience and background. We find that this diversity and openness ensures that all our associates have equal access to opportunities and resources to contribute fully to the organization’s success, and it fuels innovation, improves strategic thinking and cultivates leadership.