Revenue Management Analyst
- Green Bay, WI
- First shift
- Work Model:
- Full time; Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Schneider is seeking a Revenue Management Analyst in Green Bay to develop analytical solutions that inform, measure and optimize key business processes that focus on revenue management. The Revenue Management Analyst will provide insight to the engineering team to advance data science models.
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of data science models integrated into business processes.
- Conduct research and analysis of data.
- Provide insights and action recommendations.
- Perform revenue management analysis.
- Collaborate with other teams to identify technology and process inefficiencies.
- Develop dashboards, reports, and analytical tools.
- Assist with recommendations on data storage structures, data mining and data cleansing to support revenue management analytics.
- Maintain dashboards to provide a narrative structure and data visualization of Schneider's perspective on the current and future state of the market.
Skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor degree in business administration, finance, economics, data science, data analytics or related field.
- Minimum of two years of relevant experience.
- Experience with financial modeling, such as Proforma and P&L Analysis.
- Experience in data analysis.
- Can understand and translate complex concepts of revenue management solutions.
- Interest in using tools such as Python, R, SQL, Data Modeling, ETL, JSON, XML, Oracle Dashboards, Tableau, Visual Basic and Microsoft Access.
- Basic knowledge of advanced analytical techniques, such as machine learning, natural language processing (NLP) and applied statistics.
Pay and benefits:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance.
- Company paid life insurance.
- 401(k) savings plan with company match.
- Paid time off and paid holidays.
- Results-based incentive pay program where you can earn above and beyond your base pay.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- See full list of information technology benefits.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion
Our history has taught us that treating everyone with dignity and respect is vital to our ongoing success. We embrace and seek out diversity that is inclusive of thought, race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, age, religion, sexual orientation, ability, medical condition, veteran or military status, experience and background. We find that this diversity and openness ensures that all our associates have equal access to opportunities and resources to contribute fully to the organization’s success, and it fuels innovation, improves strategic thinking and cultivates leadership.
Job ID: 230766