April is National Distracted Driving Awareness Month, but the danger of distracted driving is something everyone needs to be aware of every month, every day and every time you get behind the wheel — no matter what kind of vehicle you’re driving.
At Schneider, Safety First and Always is our number one core value, and the culture of safety and awareness extends from our fleet of professional drivers to our warehouse, mechanic and office associates. Throughout April, we’ve been providing educational events and messages to associates, so we all understand the facts and myths about being alert behind the wheel. We’ve also distributed a Schneider Pledge to associates committing to drive distraction-free.
These distracted driving facts in the infographic below are among the information we’ve shared with associates:
- Three types of distracted driving
- National Safety Council statistics about texting and calling while driving
- Distracted driving misconceptions — myth and reality
- How Schneider stands up to distractions
- How we can all work to make our roads safer
Will you commit to driving distraction-free?