Senior Trailer Technician
- Shrewsbury, MA
- Second shift
- Job ID:
- Full time; Wednesday, Thursday, Friday 3:00pm-1:30am + Every Other Weekend
Schneider is seeking a Senior Trailer Technician to join our Maintenance team to perform all van trailer estimation, diagnosis, and repairs to include accident repairs. You will make the best value and safety decisions to continue to operate, repair or replace, and then perform the technical repair and/or replacement. You will be engaged in process improvements to advance a LEAN/5S environment. With Schneider, you are part of a sustainable, environmentally conscious company, with a commitment to our communities and a resilient, values-based culture that drives safety, integrity respect and excellence in all we do!
About the role:
- Diagnoses and repairs problems in the areas including all external component replacements and routine repairs, annual vehicle inspections (AVIs), Preventative Maintenance (PM), brake jobs, ABS systems, satellite/cellular systems, tires and lighting repairs.
- Repairs/replaces components on the body, trailer, chassis, and container to include roofs, panels and side posts, rail splice / replacement, door header and doors, sub-frames, floors, prop legs, landing gear, and accident repair. Accident repairs on trailers may include welding and complex component changes (frame rebuilds, etc)
- Utilizes parts reference materials, the computer, service bulletins and other resources to research problems and identify and locate parts. Charges out parts removed from inventory and assists in maintaining parts inventory.
- Communicates with internal customers including other shop associates, drivers, and operations leaders on repair stances, wait times, reasons for repair decisions and status updates.
As an Associate you will enjoy:
- Schneider offers a clean, safe working environment, with company paid training, safety shoe program and uniforms provided by the company
A competitive hourly wage paid weekly plus shift pay of $1.50/hour based on hour worked
- Paid vacation, flex days and Holiday pay as well as a company matched 401K, fully funded Retirement and Profit Share plan
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription, Short Term Disability and Life Insurance, and wellness programs available to include smoking cessation & adoption benefits, flexible spending account
- Education reimbursement program plus individual development opportunities, active leadership involvement and more than 170 online personal development courses
Our preferred candidate will have:
- Technical degree, certificate, or diploma in welding, electronics, or related systems or 2-4 years equivalent work experience
- Skilled with windows based computer systems and ability to use diagnostic software preferred
- Ability to operate yard tractors to bring equipment into shop, and be able to park trailers into work spaces
- Annual Vehicle Inspector Certified (per DOT requirements) and Brake Inspector Certified (per DOT requirements)
Schneider is a premier provider of transportation and logistics services. Our legacy started in 1935 with one man, one truck and one dream. Since then, we’ve grown and evolved to become a $5 billion company (2018 revenue) with one of the broadest portfolios of services in the industry delivering superior customer experiences.
The Schneider Way:
- We treat our customers, associates, shareholders and suppliers with integrity, dignity and respect.
- We are a desirable employer due to our dedication to achieving mutually beneficial, lasting relationships.
- We are a responsible member of the community.
- Safety-first and always
- Integrity in every action
- Respect for all
- Excellence in all that we do
Rise to the challenge and become a part of the Schneider family. Be the difference with a leader in an industry that impacts the world. Apply today at http://www.schneiderjobs.com.
Schneider is an equal opportunity employer.