- Sterling, IL
- Third shift
- Job ID:
- Full time; Monday-Wednesday + every other weekend 10:00pm-8:30am
The Schneider organization is looking for an ambitious and safety minded Trailer Washer to join our team. You will primarily handle the cleaning of grocery trailers and related equipment. You will also provide non-technical support including cleaning work areas, basic part stocking, making local parts pick-ups, minor maintenance, performing related paperwork assignments and other related duties. Begin your journey today. Complete the online application and we’ll help you on your way to a great new career.
About the Role
- Washes the exterior and interior of trailers with weather permitting.
- Provides general clean up and maintenance for building and grounds.
- Handles light inventory responsibilities which may include cycle counting, basic inventorying accounting and stocking parts.
- Steam cleans / washes over-the-road and non-over-the-road equipment and/or facilities.
As an Associate you will enjoy:
- A competitive hourly wage: starting pay between $11.90/hour and $17.90/hour paid weekly, plus shift pay of $1.50/hour for off-shift hours plus an additional $0.65/hour for weekend work
- A results-based incentive pay program where you can earn above and beyond your base pay
- Paid vacation, flex days and Holiday pay as well as a company matched 401K, fully funded Retirement and Profit Share plan
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription, Short Term Disability and Life Insurance, and wellness programs available to include smoking cessation & adoption benefits, flexible spending account
- A clean, safe working environment, with company paid training, safety shoe program and company provided uniforms
- Education reimbursement program plus individual development opportunities, active leadership involvement and more than 170 online personal development courses
Ideal candidate will have:
- High School diploma/GED or equivalent work experience. Less than one year of relevant experience needed.
- Skill with windows based computer systems is a plus
- Must be able to read and understand technical reference materials (ie service bulletins, repair manuals)
- Must complete required training within 12 months of hire
- Based on location, may require a valid driver’s license and meet the Schneider hiring criteria
Schneider is a premier provider of transportation and logistics services. Our legacy started in 1935 with one truck and a dream. Since then, Schneider has been safely delivering superior customer experiences and has grown to become a multi-billion dollar leader offering one of the broadest service portfolios in the industry. Schneider’s development and use of cutting-edge technology is revolutionizing the industry. Always delivering, always ahead.
The Schneider Way:
- We treat our customers, associates, shareholders and suppliers with integrity, dignity and respect.
- We are a desirable employer due to our dedication to achieving mutually beneficial, lasting relationships.
- We are a responsible member of the community.
- Safety-first and always
- Integrity in every action
- Respect for all
- Excellence in all that we do
Rise to the challenge and become a part of the Schneider family. Be the difference with a leader in an industry that impacts the world. Apply today at http://www.schneiderjobs.com.
Schneider is an equal opportunity employer
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at Schneider
Our history has taught us that treating everyone with dignity and respect is vital to our ongoing success. We embrace and seek out diversity that is inclusive of thought, race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, experience and background. We find that this diversity and openness ensures that all our associates have equal access to opportunities and resources to contribute fully to the organization’s success, and it fuels innovation, improves strategic thinking and cultivates leadership. Navigate to the following link https://schneider.com/company/corporate-responsibility/diversity-equity-inclusion to learn more about DEI at Schneider.