Trailer Technician Sr$2,000 sign-on bonus
- Shrewsbury, MA
- Second shift
- Job ID:
- Full time; Wednesday-Friday + every other weekend 3:00pm-1:30am
About the role:
- Diagnoses and repairs problems in the areas including all external component replacements and routine repairs, annual vehicle inspections (AVIs), Preventative Maintenance (PM), brake jobs, ABS systems, satellite/cellular systems, tires and lighting repairs.
- Repairs/replaces components on the body, trailer, chassis, and container to include roofs, panels and side posts, rail splice / replacement, door header and doors, sub-frames, floors, prop legs, landing gear, and accident repair. Accident repairs on trailers may include welding and complex component changes (frame rebuilds, etc)
- Utilizes parts reference materials, the computer, service bulletins and other resources to research problems and identify and locate parts. Charges out parts removed from inventory and assists in maintaining parts inventory.
- Communicates with internal customers including other shop associates, drivers, and operations leaders on repair stances, wait times, reasons for repair decisions and status updates.
As an Associate you will enjoy:
- A competitive hourly wage paid weekly, plus shift pay of $1.50/hour for off-shift hours plus an additional $0.65/hour for weekend work
- A results-based incentive pay program where you can earn above and beyond your base pay
- Paid vacation, flex days and Holiday pay as well as a company matched 401K, fully funded Retirement and Profit Share plan
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription, Short Term Disability and Life Insurance, and wellness programs available to include smoking cessation & adoption benefits, flexible spending account
- A clean, safe working environment, with company paid training, safety shoe program and company provided uniforms
- Education reimbursement program plus individual development opportunities, active leadership involvement and more than 170 online personal development courses
Ideal candidate will have:
- Associate degree or equivalent work experience
- Technical degree, certificate, or diploma in welding, electronics, or related systems or two to four years equivalent work experience
- Skilled with windows based computer systems and ability to use diagnostic software preferred
- Ability to provide own tools within 30 days of hire (The Shop leader will cover required tools.)
- Annual Vehicle Inspector Certified (per DOT requirements) and Brake Inspector Certified (per DOT requirements
- Tool mastery welders, cutting torch, frame / body straightening equipment, hand and power tools, digital multimeter, and shop computer navigation.
- Must be able to operate yard tractors to bring equipment into shop; must be able to park trailers into work spaces.
Schneider is a premier provider of transportation and logistics services. Our legacy started in 1935 with one truck and a dream. Since then, Schneider has been safely delivering superior customer experiences and has grown to become a multi-billion
dollar leader offering one of the broadest service portfolios in the industry. Schneider’s development and use of cutting-edge technology is revolutionizing the industry. Always delivering, always ahead.
The Schneider Way:
- We treat our customers, associates, shareholders and suppliers with integrity, dignity and respect.
- We are a desirable employer due to our dedication to achieving mutually beneficial, lasting relationships.
- We are a responsible member of the community.
- Safety-first and always
- Integrity in every action
- Respect for all
- Excellence in all that we do
Rise to the challenge and become a part of the Schneider family. Be the difference with a leader in an industry that impacts the world. Apply today at http://www.schneiderjobs.com.
Schneider is an equal opportunity employer.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion
Our history has taught us that treating everyone with dignity and respect is vital to our ongoing success. We embrace and seek out diversity that is inclusive of thought, race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, experience and background. We find that this diversity and openness ensures that all our associates have equal access to opportunities and resources to contribute fully to the organization’s success, and it fuels innovation, improves strategic thinking and cultivates leadership.