Senior Mobile Diesel Technician
- Jacksonville, FL
- First shift
- Job ID:
- Full time; Wednesday-Friday + every other weekend 5:00am-3:30pm
The Schneider maintenance team has an immediate need for a skilled and safety minded Senior Mobile Diesel Technician to perform on-site truck, container and trailer repairs. As a member of the Schneider team, you will work remote, on-site at one of our customer locations completing routine repair work in the areas of tire changing, minor/moderate engine work along with electrical, hydraulic and accident repairs. With Schneider, you are part of a sustainable, environmentally conscious company, with a commitment to our communities and a resilient, values-based culture that drives safety, integrity respect and excellence in all we do!
About the Role:
- Repair or replace components on the body, trailer, chassis, and container to include roofs, panels and side posts, rail splice / replacement, door header and doors, sub-frames, floors, prop legs, landing gear, and accident repair. Accident repairs on trailers may include welding and complex component changes (frame rebuilds, etc). Some locations may require repair and replacement of lift gates, roll-up door, and congear.
- Inspect components including: loose tie rod ends, kingpins, wheel bearing, hood adjustment, and air ride height etc.
- Communicate with internal customers including other shop associates, drivers, and operations leaders on repair stances, wait times, reasons for repair decisions and status updates.
As an Associate you will enjoy:
- Competitive hourly wages: Up to $35.80 per hour starting pay for Senior Mobile Diesel Technicians (based on experience).
- Additional $1.50 per hour on second and third shift, plus an additional $.65 per hour on weekends.
- Paid vacation, flex days and Holiday pay as well as a company matched 401K, fully funded Retirement and Profit Share plan
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription, Short Term Disability and Life Insurance, and wellness programs available to include smoking cessation & adoption benefits, flexible spending account
- Clean, safe working environment, with company paid training, safety shoe program and uniforms provided by the company
- Education reimbursement program plus individual development opportunities, active leadership involvement and more than 170 online personal development courses
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Technical degree, certificate or diploma in engines, diesel technology, electronics, related systems or a minimum of two years of industry experience
- Must have a valid driver's license and meet the Schneider hiring criteria (includes annual DMV checks)
- Annual Vehicle Inspector Certification and Brake Inspector Certification (Per Department of Transportation requirements)
- Annual DOT physical required, must meet Schneider hiring criteria
- Ability to work independently with little supervision and proven effective written and oral communication skills
- Be able to provide own tools within 30 days of hire
Schneider is a premier provider of transportation and logistics services. Our legacy started in 1935 with one truck and a dream. Since then, Schneider has been safely delivering superior customer experiences and has grown to become a multi-billion dollar leader offering one of the broadest service portfolios in the industry. Schneider’s development and use of cutting edge technology is revolutionizing the industry. Always delivering, always ahead.
The Schneider Way:
- We treat our customers, associates, shareholders and suppliers with integrity, dignity and respect.
- We are a desirable employer due to our dedication to achieving mutually beneficial, lasting relationships.
- We are a responsible member of the community.
- Safety-first and always
- Integrity in every action
- Respect for all
- Excellence in all that we do
Rise to the challenge and become a part of the Schneider family. Be the difference with a leader in an industry that impacts the world. Apply today at http://www.schneiderjobs.com.
Schneider is an equal opportunity employer.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion
Our history has taught us that treating everyone with dignity and respect is vital to our ongoing success. We embrace and seek out diversity that is inclusive of thought, race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, experience and background. We find that this diversity and openness ensures that all our associates have equal access to opportunities and resources to contribute fully to the organization’s success, and it fuels innovation, improves strategic thinking and cultivates leadership.