Regional Tanker Truck Driver | Up to $8,000 Sign-on Bonus | New Pay Increase | Chicago, IL, Joliet, IL, Kankakee, IL or Gary, IN
All CDL holders
Tanker CDL truck drivers earn up to $0.56 per mile* - up to $65,000 per year including accessorial pay and a new pay increase. With the regional configuration, you can get home weekly. Schneider Tanker drivers specialize in the safe transfer of bulk liquid chemicals with 2/3 of them non-hazardous. Enjoy a small-company feel with large-company benefits. Start your trucking career as an elite Schneider Tanker driver!
No tanker truck driving experience? No problem! We will provide you with our industry-leading tanker training. Schneider will continue to offer you advancement opportunities, but you can't advance until you start. Take your first step by applying today.
Eligible CDL Truck Driver Applicants: All Class A CDL holders
Illinois Tanker Truck Driver Pay
- Up to $0.56 per mile*
- Up to $0.03 per mile quarterly performance bonus
- Up to $65,000 per year* with average 25% of pay from accessorials
- $8,000 sign-on bonus for experienced drivers
- $5,000 sign-on bonus for inexperienced drivers
- Loading and unloading pay
- 100% hazmat endorsement reimbursed upon receipt *Based on CDL driver experience
Regional Tanker Truck Driver Benefits
- Medical, dental and vision insurance, plus flexible spending options
- 401(k) savings plan with company match
- Paid orientation and time off
- Up to $7,000 tuition reimbursement (paid at $200/month) for qualified drivers
- Schneider paid CDL training program option for those starting a driving career
- Paid 3-day refresher course option for drivers restarting a driving career
- Credit for Military Experience and Military Apprenticeship programs, plus more military benefits
- Many more - see full list of benefits
Illinois Tanker Truck Driver Qualifications
- Valid Class A Commercial Driver's License (CDL)
- Live within 75 miles of Chicago, IL, Joliet, IL, Kankakee, IL or Gary, IN and live in Illinois or Indiana
- Tanker endorsements required at time of hire as a CDL driver
- Hazmat endorsements required within 30 days hire
- TWIC card (Transportation Worker Identification Card) preferred before hire. Required to start process within 60 days of hire.
More Reasons to Select Schneider Tanker
- Average fleet age is two years old with 51% automated transmissions
- Continuous investment in tractors, trailers and other tanker equipment
- Industry-leading, personalized tanker training with paid orientation
- Nationwide facility network, many locations offering free showers, laundry, WiFi, exercise equipment, TV lounges, cafeterias and more
- Nationwide parking network with 24/7 access to free and safe parking
- Learn more about Schneider's Tanker division
A huge freight base, options galore, big money, respect for drivers, nationwide facility network, commitment to safety - don't settle for a few somewhere else when you can have it all with Schneider. The best you can get is an application away.
It seemed like a no-brainer to switch to Schneider. Schneider has the best you can get.â€
Join one of the top trucking companies in Illinois and Indiana. Call 800-447-7433 for more information about becoming a Regional Tanker driver with Schneider!
Schneider uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired associates. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Get in the driver's seat. Find a job near you: