Team Truck Driver | Up to $20,000 Sign-on Bonus per Team | Up to $0.57 cpm | North Carolina & South Carolina
Team truck drivers in Schneider's Van Truckload Division enjoy some of the fleet's highest compensation - $0.53 per mile* starting pay and averaging 5,000-6,000 miles per week (more or less, by choice) and 1,100 miles per haul. With 95% no-touch freight (most loads drop-and-hook), you'll be able to keep the wheels turning on a predictable schedule as you rack up more miles and money than solo drivers. Enjoy your partner's company and split your miles, not your pay, when you start your Schneider Team truck driving career today in North Carolina or South Carolina.
If you need a Team driving partner, Schneider offers a Team Matching Program that finds a partner near you with similar preferences.
Have a qualified Team driving partner? Both of you need to apply. Our Team program is flexible and allows people who don’t live near each other to Team together.
Eligible CDL Truck Driver Applicants
- All Class A CDL holders
- Current team truck drivers
North Carolina and South Carolina Team Truck Driver Pay
- Up to $74,000 per year*
- $10,000 sign-on bonus per experienced drivers
- $7,500 sign-on bonus per inexperienced drivers
- Performance pay up to $0.04 per mile more, paid out weekly per driver
- Up to $0.02 per mile annual pay increase per driver
- Additional $0.01 per mile when both team partners have hazmat endorsement
- Potential accessorial pay for detention, layover, hand load/unload
- *Based on CDL driver experience, performance and location
Team Truck Driver Benefits
- Medical, dental and vision insurance, plus flexible spending options
- 401(k) savings plan with company match
- Paid orientation and time off
- Up to $7,000 tuition reimbursement (paid at $400/month) for qualified drivers
- Paid 3-day refresher course option for drivers restarting a driving career
- Credit for Military Experience and Military Apprenticeship programs, plus more military benefits
- Many more - see full list of benefits
North Carolina and South Carolina Team Truck Driver Qualifications
- Valid Class A Commercial Driver's License (CDL)
- Live within North Carolina or South Carolina
- Hazmat endorsement preferred
- Passport, FAST card or Enhanced CDL opens more opportunities
More Reasons to Choose Team Driving at Schneider
- 100% Van Truckload Team trucks have automated transmissions, with an average age of 8 months
- Team driver advisors, current or previous top-performing Schneider Teams, provide insights and tips
- Learn more about Team driving
It's all here. With so many benefits and a set of core values we actually live by - safety, integrity, respect and excellence - Schneider is the destination for truck drivers, and has been since 1935. Take your career to the next level today.
"It's never an issue to get home when I need to, and the freight is always available when I want it."Chris, Schneider driver
Join one of the top trucking companies in North Carolina and South Carolina. Call 800-447-7433 for more information about becoming a Team truck driver with Schneider!
Schneider uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired associates. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
NEED A CDL OR REFRESHER?
Paid options available:
- Schneider paid CDL training program in as little as 2 weeks for those starting a driving career
- Schneider paid 3-day refresher course for drivers restarting a driving career