Home Weekly Regional Truck Driver | Up to $5,000 Sign-on Bonus | Northern and Central California
All CDL holders
Regional truck drivers earn up to $0.34 per mile* starting pay, have a predictable work schedule and get home weekly in this CDL driving job. Regional truckers haul 95% no-touch freight, mostly drop-and-hook, averaging 1,700 to 2,200 miles per week and 300-400 miles per haul within a primary travel area of California. As a Regional driver, you'll enjoy the best of both worlds: the freedom of the open road while staying close to home. Start your Regional trucking career with Schneider today in California!
Eligible CDL Truck Driver Applicants: All Class A CDL holders
Regional Truck Driver Pay
Full-time CDL Regional truck drivers are eligible for:
- Up to $55,000 per year* How is this number determined?
- $5,000 sign-on bonus for an experienced driver
- $3,000 sign-on bonus for an inexperienced driver
- Up to $0.03 per mile quarterly performance bonus
- Up to $0.02 per mile annual pay increase
- Accessorial pay for detention, layover, hand load/unload
Regional Truck Driver Benefits
- Predictable work schedule
- Paid orientation
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental and vision insurance plus flexible spending options
- 401(k) savings plan - when you contribute 1-4%, company matches 50%; on the 5th and 6th percent, matches dollar for dollar
- Most loads are drop-and-hook
- Up to $7,000 tuition reimbursement (paid at $200/month) for qualified drivers
- Up to $3,000 per driver referral
- Mobile communications platform - The latest in-truck technology with electronic logging, GPS navigation, web browsing and more
- Nationwide parking network with 24/7 access to free and safe parking
- Nationwide facility network with many locations offering free showers, laundry, Wi-Fi, exercise equipment, TV lounges and cafeterias
- Training Engineer (driver trainer) opportunities available after six months, paying all miles/accessorials, plus $60 training pay per day and potential bonuses
- Advantage Club - After five years with Schneider, you'll be admitted into this exclusive club with a variety of unique opportunities paid for by Schneider
- Passenger program - Take a loved one out on the road with you. Eligible passengers include friends over the age of 18 and immediate family members over the age of 10
- Discount program - Enjoy year-round discounts and special offers from hundreds of national and local companies
- Financial, legal, adoption and insurance - Financial planning and debt management service, access to family legal and CDL protector plans, adoption assistance and discounts on home, auto and personal accident insurance
- No employment contract - we don't lock you in, but you'll want to stay
Additional Regional Truck Driver Benefits for Military Personnel
- Credit for Military Experience Program - up to 100% of your time served will be used as Schneider driving experience credit towards pay and benefits
- Military Apprenticeship Program - may be eligible to earn an additional educational benefit check from the VA (up to $1,266 per month)
- Guaranteed home time for weekend drill and annual training for Guard and Reserve members
Regional Truck Driver Qualifications
- Valid Class A Commercial Driver's License (CDL)
- Live within Central California
- Hazmat endorsement preferred
- Passport, FAST card or Enhanced CDL opens more opportunities
Another Reason Truck Drivers Choose Schneider:
Respect for all
It's one of our core values for a reason. We treat all drivers with dignity and respect, and we work with our customers to make sure they do to. Schneider is like a family, and you'll fit right in.
"If you want respect and to be treated right and make money, you have to come to Schneider. I speak very highly of Schneider and have had many people change companies after I tell them about my great experience as part of this family."
Join one of the top trucking companies in California. Call 800-447-7433 for more information about becoming a Regional truck driver with Schneider!
Schneider uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired associates. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Get in the driver's seat. Find a job near you: