Experienced Local Intermodal Truck Driver | $10,000 Sign-on Bonus | Portland, OR
3 months or greater CDL experience
Truck drivers earn up to $63,000 per year* and get home daily in this Local Intermodal CDL driver position. Intermodal truckers haul 99% no-touch freight containers in and out of the rail yards within 300 miles of Portland, OR. In fact, a truck driver's day begins and ends at the rail yard. Start your Local trucking career in Schneider's Intermodal division today!
Eligible CDL Truck Driver Applicants: Experienced Class A CDL holders
Portland Intermodal Truck Driver Pay
- Up to $63,000 per year*
- $10,000 sign-on bonus
- Performance pay up to $0.06 per mile more, paid out weekly – 86% of fleet receives bonus
- *Based on CDL driver experience
Local Intermodal Truck Driver Benefits
- Medical, dental and vision insurance, plus flexible spending options
- 401(k) savings plan with company match
- Paid orientation and time off
- Up to $7,000 tuition reimbursement (paid at $200/month) for qualified drivers
- Paid 3-day refresher course option for drivers restarting a driving career
- Credit for Military Experience and Military Apprenticeship programs, plus more military benefits
- Many more - see full list of benefits
Portland Intermodal Truck Driver Qualifications
- Valid Class A Commercial Driver's License (CDL)
- Live within 50 miles of Portland, OR
- Minimum 3 months of Class A driving experience
- Hazmat endorsements required within 60 days of hire
- Tanker endorsements required within 60 days of hire
More Reasons to Pick Schneider Intermodal
- Mobile apps to easily locate equipment, increase productivity and expedite access to company and rail facilities
- Variety of work schedules available
- Mobile communications platform - the latest in-truck technology with electronic logging, GPS navigation, web browsing and more
- 24/7/365 operations and maintenance support to keep you moving in Portland
- 100% company-owned chassis to reduce time at the rail yard and increase earning potential
- Learn more about Schneider's Intermodal division
You can be an unappreciated steering wheel holder just about anywhere. Or you can drive with a carrier that cares about your safety, respects your time and wants you to be happy. Schneider has put drivers first for more than 80 years. Find your happiness with us this year.
"This is what makes me happy. I get to see the country, I never have to wear formal dress clothes to work again and my job is constantly teaching me new things and introducing me to new people."
Join one of the top trucking companies in Oregon. Call 800-447-7433 for more information about becoming a Local Intermodal driver with Schneider!
Schneider uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired associates. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Get in the driver's seat. Find a job near you: