Warehouse Safety & Training Partner
- Savannah, GA
- Other Locations:
Fontana , CA
- First shift
- Job ID:
- Full time; Mon- Fri days
Schneider is seeking an experienced Safety & Training Manager to implement and audit policies and procedures to ensure a safe and healthy work environment for warehouse associates across multiple locations and in multiple states. You will be accountable for training warehouse associates on safety best practices, analyzing data, identifying trends and researching state and federal laws to ensure Schneider is in compliance.
About the role:
- Ensure compliance with company safety rules and specific regulations regarding: fire safety prevention, dock safety, maintaining clear exits, lifting limits, walking working surfaces safety, safe stowage/stacking/racking of product, heat illness safety, maintains injury and illness prevention plan, evaluates need for an ensures use of PPE, ensures battery safety/ventilation and PPE for electric powered industrial trucks (PIT), ensures that PIT maintenance records are maintained by the vendor and PIT pre-operations records are maintained by the operators, periodically inspects safety equipment such as eye wash, first aid kits, fire extinguishers, exit doors, exit lights, etc. Ensures propane safety for PIT, ensures maintenance of clear pedestrian walk- ways.
- Investigate accidents, do re-enactments, determine root/ probable cause, and recommend changes resulting from findings.
- Research health and safety requirements at State and Federal level for multiple US locations, develop policies/procedures, conduct inspections and monitor for compliance to mitigate risk.
- Ensure proper communication and handling of hazmat material to include hazmat training and ensure material safety data sheets are maintained and readily accessible when needed.
- Ensure annual safety audit is current and consistent with Schneider policies and OSHA standards.
- Develop and maintain records to ensure completion of behavior-based safety observations, analyze for trends and provide reporting and recommendations to leadership.
As an associate you will enjoy a strong work/life balance that includes paid vacation and holidays along with paid personal time off. You will also have access to medical, dental, and vision insurance and enjoy our company-paid life insurance and 401k savings with a company funded retirement plan. Schneider is dedicated to continuous individual development and offers a wide variety of opportunities through company-paid training and more than 170 personal development courses. What are you waiting for? You will love it here!
Ideal candidates will have:
- A degree in Safety Management or relevant work experience, plus a minimum of two years relatable experience
- Knowledge of Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) standards
- Completed the General Industry 10 Hr and OSHA 511 courses
- Certifications: Associate Safety Professional or Certified Safety Professional
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
- The ability to travel 25-30%
Schneider is a premier provider of transportation and logistics services. Our legacy started in 1935 with one truck and a dream. Since then, Schneider has been safely delivering superior customer experiences and has grown to become a multi-billion dollar leader offering one of the broadest service portfolios in the industry. Schneider’s development and use of cutting-edge technology is revolutionizing the industry. Always delivering, always ahead.
The Schneider Way:
- We treat our customers, associates, shareholders and suppliers with integrity, dignity and respect.
- We are a desirable employer due to our dedication to achieving mutually beneficial, lasting relationships.
- We are a responsible member of the community.
- Safety- first and always
- Integrity in every action
- Respect for all
- Excellence in all that we do
Rise to the challenge and become a part of the Schneider family. Be the difference with a leader in an industry that impacts the world.
Apply today at http://www.schneiderjobs.com.
Schneider is an equal opportunity employer.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at Schneider
Our history has taught us that treating everyone with dignity and respect is vital to our ongoing success. We embrace and seek out diversity that is inclusive of thought, race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, experience and background. We find that this diversity and openness ensures that all our associates have equal access to opportunities and resources to contribute fully to the organization’s success, and it fuels innovation, improves strategic thinking and cultivates leadership. Navigate to the following link https://schneider.com/about-schneider/diversity-and-inclusion to learn more about DEI at Schneider.