- Atlanta, GA
- First shift
- Job ID:
- Full time; Monday-Friday 8:00am - 4:30pm
About the role:
- Coordinates with shop leadership, maintenance associates and the rest of the parts team to provide accurate and timely parts inventory to ensure an effective maintenance operation
- Minimizes local purchases to emergency only by ensuring the right part is on the shelf for the maintenance associate
- Ensures the basics of purchase, receive, inventory, issue and return are executed accurately in accordance with established guidelines
- Ensures that only Schneider approved parts are used on Schneider vehicles and that the primary vendors, are used for the purchase of all parts
- Participates on Quality Improvement Teams to ensure continuous improvement in the area of inventory management for Schneider, as well as process improvements to advance a LEAN/5S environment
As an Associate you will enjoy:
- Schneider offers a clean, safe working environment, with company paid training, safety shoe program and uniforms provided by the company
- A competitive hourly wage paid weekly, plus shift pay of $1.50/hour for off-shift hours plus an additional $0.65/hour for weekend work.
- Paid vacation, flex days and Holiday pay as well as a company matched 401K, fully funded Retirement and Profit Share plan
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription, Short Term Disability and Life Insurance, and wellness programs available to include smoking cessation & adoption benefits, flexible spending account
- Education reimbursement program plus individual development opportunities, active leadership involvement and more than 170 online personal development courses
Our ideal candidate will have:
- A Technical degree, certificate, or diploma in inventory management or a minimum of 2 years of industry experience preferred
- Previous parts experience within an established service parts organization (Retail, fleet or dealer)
- Quantitative skills; ability to calculate items such as turn rates, inventory accuracy, etc
- Proven ability to work within a large operating team and successful integration of multiple areas. Ability to accept mentorship from multiple sources
- Valid driver's license and meet Schneider's DMV record standards
- Skill with windows based computer systems and ability to use diagnostic software preferred
Schneider is a premier provider of transportation and logistics services. Our legacy started in 1935 with one truck and a dream. Since then, Schneider has been safely delivering superior customer experiences and has grown to become a multi-billion dollar leader offering one of the broadest service portfolios in the industry. Schneider’s development and use of cutting edge technology is revolutionizing the industry. Always delivering, always ahead.
The Schneider Way:
- We treat our customers, associates, shareholders and suppliers with integrity, dignity and respect.
- We are a desirable employer due to our dedication to achieving mutually beneficial, lasting relationships.
- We are a responsible member of the community.
- Safety-first and always
- Integrity in every action
- Respect for all
- Excellence in all that we do
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at Schneider
Our history has taught us that treating everyone with dignity and respect is vital to our ongoing success. We embrace and seek out diversity that is inclusive of thought, race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, experience and background. We find that this diversity and openness ensures that all our associates have equal access to opportunities and resources to contribute fully to the organization’s success, and it fuels innovation, improves strategic thinking and cultivates leadership. Navigate to the following link https://schneider.com/about-schneider/diversity-and-inclusion to learn more about DEI at Schneider.