- Green Bay, WI
- First shift
- Job ID:
- Full time; Monday-Friday
Schneider is seeking an experienced Corporate Counsel to provide leaders with effective legal advice that will help achieve and implement practical business solutions. You will provide support to senior in-house attorneys and, as directed, to multiple corporate functions and/or a legal specialty. Schneider’s Corporate Counsel has a deep understanding of all aspects of the businesses that they support so they can offer timely and effective legal advice. If this sounds interesting, we want to talk to you about joining our organization!
About the role:
- Assemble and examine facts, identify legal risks, and then recommend the best solution from often diverse and not necessarily obvious alternatives. Formulate and test hypotheses drawn from limited evidence and speculation to identify and recommend solutions.
- Render legal advice on legal matters and engage specialized outside legal counsel as appropriate. Simplify, and appropriately communicate legal matters and analyses to business leaders such that the business leaders understand the relevant concepts (and attendant risks) and can make informed business decisions.
- Monitor matters with legal implications for consistency with company and operating guidelines. Work with operating divisions and with various staff departments (i.e., Human Resources, Finance, Tax) to facilitate compliance with federal and state regulations. Advise management of new legislation and government regulations that might affect operations.
- Draft and negotiate general and complex business contracts (e.g., customer and carrier transportation and logistics contracts, cross-border contracts, computer software development, network agreements and marketing and distribution agreements). Render legal counsel on requested amendments, changes and cancellations, engaging specialized outside legal counsel as appropriate.
- Maintain consistent attendance while exhibiting behavior in alignment with our core values.
As an associate you will enjoy a strong work/life balance that includes paid vacation and holidays along with paid personal time off. You will also have access to medical, dental, and vision insurance and enjoy our company-paid life insurance and 401(k) savings with a company funded retirement plan. We also offer a results-based incentive pay program where you can earn above and beyond your base pay. Schneider is dedicated to continuous individual development and offers a wide variety of opportunities through company-paid training and more than 170 personal development courses. What are you waiting for? You will love it here.
Ideal candidates will have:
- Doctorate or equivalent work experience and four to six years experience as a practicing lawyer, preferably initially with a prominent national law firm before moving to an in-house position. Prior in-house experience is preferred.
- SEC experience a plus
- Graduation from law school of recognized standing; admitted to practice in Wisconsin (or in-house exemption).
- Background in transportation, human resources, finance, accounting, or a heavily regulated industry helpful.
Schneider is a premier provider of transportation and logistics services. Our legacy started in 1935 with one truck and a dream. Since then, Schneider has been safely delivering superior customer experiences and has grown to become a multi-billion dollar leader offering one of the broadest service portfolios in the industry. Schneider’s development and use of cutting-edge technology is revolutionizing the industry. Always delivering, always ahead.
The Schneider Way:
- We treat our customers, associates, shareholders and suppliers with integrity, dignity and respect.
- We are a desirable employer due to our dedication to achieving mutually beneficial, lasting relationships.
- We are a responsible member of the community.
- Safety- first and always
- Integrity in every action
- Respect for all
- Excellence in all that we do
Rise to the challenge and become a part of the Schneider family. Be the difference with a leader in an industry that impacts the world.
Apply today at http://www.schneiderjobs.com.
Schneider is an equal opportunity employer.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at Schneider
Our history has taught us that treating everyone with dignity and respect is vital to our ongoing success. We embrace and seek out diversity that is inclusive of thought, race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, experience and background. We find that this diversity and openness ensures that all our associates have equal access to opportunities and resources to contribute fully to the organization’s success, and it fuels innovation, improves strategic thinking and cultivates leadership. Navigate to the following link https://schneider.com/company/corporate-responsibility/diversity-equity-inclusion to learn more about DEI at Schneider.