Senior Data Scientist
As a Senior Data Scientist, you will:
- Develop and deepen relationships with clients to sufficiently understand their business operations and practices to apply the appropriate methods, models and analysis.
- Collect and integrate business information and data into appropriate models and tools to support the development of solutions.
- Prepare written non-technical reports and presentations to managers and key decision makers indicating solution or range of possible alternatives solution pros and cons and technical recommendations.
- Prepare proposals, statements-of-work, project logs and effectively communicate technical engineering solutions into appropriate business language for clear client understanding.
- Efficiently scope projects and work assignments and make realistic work completion estimates. Develop appropriate work communication and contingency plans.
- Build creative statistics models and technical approaches that address complex business issues.
What you will need:
- A PhD degree in Data Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, or a related field, plus two years of significant work experience, or a Master’s degree plus four years of significant work experience.
- A good understanding of transportation, logistics, and warehousing problems and applications as well as knowledge of advanced statistics modeling, solution techniques and tools.
- Understand the uses and limitations of statistical methodologies (time-series forecasting, logistic regression, Random Forests, K-Mean Clustering and Bayesian Methods, (Machine Learning, etc.) as well as ability to select the appropriate methodology to complete assignments is the key to success.
- Working knowledge of databases (SQLite, Oracle, MSSQL) and spreadsheets (Excel) and an understanding of the capabilities and uses of database applications.
- Proficiency with a statistical programming language such as R, SAS or Python and data analysis and visualization software packages such as SPSS, Tableau as well as writing complex queries using SQL.
- Experience with Big data (Hadoop Map/reduce, Spark, Hive, Pig, Mahout) and cloud computation (AWS, Azure) highly desired.
The Schneider Way:
- We treat our customers, associates, shareholders and suppliers with integrity, dignity and respect.
- We are a desirable employer due to our dedication to achieving mutually beneficial, lasting relationships.
- We are a responsible member of the community.
- Safety-first and always
- Integrity in every action
- Respect for all
- Excellence in all that we do
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at Schneider
Our history has taught us that treating everyone with dignity and respect is vital to our ongoing success. We embrace and seek out diversity that is inclusive of thought, race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, experience and background. We find that this diversity and openness ensures that all our associates have equal access to opportunities and resources to contribute fully to the organization’s success, and it fuels innovation, improves strategic thinking and cultivates leadership. Navigate to the following link https://schneider.com/company/corporate-responsibility/diversity-equity-inclusion to learn more about DEI at Schneider.