Software Engineering Director
- Green Bay, WI
- First shift
- Job ID:
- Full time; Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Schneider is seeking a Director of Software Engineering to join our thriving team! You will be responsible for leading the development, maintenance, and support of the technology that enables the delivery of business capabilities. The main focus of this role will be leading technology teams responsible for the core transportation and logistics ecosystem. Specifically, you will focus on leveraging telematics to manage fleets, trailers, and workflows. In addition, you will be responsible for providing leadership and direction to multiple teams within Solution Delivery and to the technical leaders. You will be responsible for maintaining and improving system's Service Level Agreements, managing the Total Cost of Ownership, and aligning staff and resources towards company goals. The position's managerial and organizational impact spans across multiple IT areas and includes a large financial and budgetary responsibility.
About the role:
- Provide overall leadership of a multi-product, multi-technology functional or technology area.
- Provide the critical technology linkage to ensure focus on customer is driven throughout the technology organization.
- Create and sustain a high performance environment through your leadership processes and actions, working in a loosely coupled integrated environment balancing cost, agility, and quality.
- Utilize experience managing in cab experience for our drivers within the private app store.
- Maintain consistent attendance while exhibiting behavior in alignment with our core values.
As an associate you will enjoy a strong work/life balance that includes paid vacation and holidays along with paid personal time off. You will also have access to medical, dental, and vision insurance and enjoy our company-paid life insurance and 401(k) savings with a company funded retirement plan. We also offer a results-based incentive pay program where you can earn above and beyond your base pay. Schneider values individual development and offers a wide variety of opportunities through company-paid training and more than 170 personal development courses. What are you waiting for, you will love it here!
Ideal candidates will have:
- Bachelor degree or equivalent work experience. Six plus years of relevant experience.
- Undergraduate or Master's degree in one of the following is preferred Management Information System, Computer Science, or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Advanced technical and architectural knowledge in software development life cycle, quality assurance, technology frameworks and other related emerging technologies.
- Deep technical knowledge and aptitude to understand and translate complex technology concepts to industry solutions and anticipate future technology needs.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion
Our history has taught us that treating everyone with dignity and respect is vital to our ongoing success. We embrace and seek out diversity that is inclusive of thought, race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, age, religion, sexual orientation, ability, medical condition, veteran or military status, experience and background. We find that this diversity and openness ensures that all our associates have equal access to opportunities and resources to contribute fully to the organization’s success, and it fuels innovation, improves strategic thinking and cultivates leadership.