Sales Operations Internship
- Chicago, IL
- First shift
- Job ID:
- Full time; Monday thru Friday
Schneider is seeking energetic, and self-motivated Sales Operations Intern to join our Schneider Transportation Management (STM) team in Chicago, IL. In this role you will be given the opportunity to apply classroom knowledge to real-world experiences.
During your internship you will assist several departments including Carrier Sales, Customer Service, and our Account Management Team.
As an intern you will:
- Become an expert during our comprehensive training program and learn how we effectively service our customers.
- Expand your book of business by prospecting, cold calling, identifying, and developing opportunities through a holistic customer service approach.
- Utilize state of the art technology by providing clear solutions to your customers and influencing them to utilize our best-in-class tools and resources.
- Communicate and network with associates across all levels of the organization.
- Develop strong relationships while delivering results to both internal and external customersLearn from subject matter experts to enhance your knowledge of the Transportation and Logistics industry.
Our preferred candidate will:
- Will have successfully completed their second year of college or first year of a technical school program and are currently enrolled as a full-time student
- Be pursuing a major relevant to business, supply chain, operations or logistics
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Possess a strong work ethic in a fast-paced environment
- Be able to work independently and build relationships
- Developmental opportunities designed specifically for associates in the Intern program.
- Comprehensive training, learning multiple facets of your department or line of business.
- Opportunities for full time employment after graduation.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion
Our history has taught us that treating everyone with dignity and respect is vital to our ongoing success. We embrace and seek out diversity that is inclusive of thought, race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, age, religion, sexual orientation, ability, medical condition, veteran or military status, experience and background. We find that this diversity and openness ensures that all our associates have equal access to opportunities and resources to contribute fully to the organization’s success, and it fuels innovation, improves strategic thinking and cultivates leadership.