Operations Research Engineer
- Green Bay, WI
- First shift
- Job ID:
- Full time; Monday-Friday 8:00 am-5:00 pm
The Schneider organization has an opportunity to join our award-winning TECH team as an Operations Research Engineer. In this role, you will use state of the art operations research and machine learning tools and techniques to analyze client operations and develop practical solutions to tackle business problems. This position will allow you to make an impact on multiple projects, independently and on a team, to achieve committed objectives. To learn more about this role, take a look below and apply today.
About the role:
- Develop an understanding of clients' business operations and create optimization models and technical approaches for their business needs
- Collect and integrate business information and data into appropriate models and tools to support the development of solutions
- Effectively communicate technical engineering solutions and results into appropriate business language for clear client understanding through proposals, statements-of-work, project logs and presentations
- Maintain consistent attendance while exhibiting behavior in alignment with our core values
You will enjoy a strong work/life balance as an associate that includes paid vacation and holidays along with paid personal time off. You will also have access to medical, dental, and vision insurance and enjoy our company-paid life insurance and 401(k) savings with a company funded retirement plan. We also offer a results-based incentive pay program where you can earn above and beyond your base pay. Schneider values individual development and offers a wide variety of opportunities through company-paid training and more than 170 personal development courses. What are you waiting for? You will love it here!
Ideal candidate will have:
- PhD in Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, Mathematics or a related field, or Masters degree plus two year of relevant experience required
- Deep understanding of transportation and logistics, warehousing concepts, and data analysis
- Ability to build effective business rapport with clients, peers and associates
- Basic knowledge of mathematical optimization modeling, linear programming solution techniques
- Working knowledge of optimization libraries such as ILOG Concert, DoCPLEX or Gurobipy; as well as Java and/or Python
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion
Our history has taught us that treating everyone with dignity and respect is vital to our ongoing success. We embrace and seek out diversity that is inclusive of thought, race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, age, religion, sexual orientation, ability, medical condition, veteran or military status, experience and background. We find that this diversity and openness ensures that all our associates have equal access to opportunities and resources to contribute fully to the organization’s success, and it fuels innovation, improves strategic thinking and cultivates leadership.