Quality Control Clerk
- Port Wentworth, GA
- First shift
- Job ID:
- Full time; Monday - Friday 7 am - 3:30 pm
Schneider has an immediate need for a Quality Control Clerk to support our warehouse operations. In this role you will be responsible for the initial receiving, detailed inspection of the quality of the product, ensuring inventory integrity, and any assembly required. The Quality Control Clerk will receive and/or audit/cycle count inventory with attention to detail for pieces and account for all product. You may also help with loading and unloading freight, and pallet wrapping. With a safety emphasis, you will be building close working relationships with other associates within the team as well as internal customers.
In this role you will:
Be responsible for the inspection, labeling, and assembly of freight
Ensure inventory integrity and that quality assurance goals are met
Report numbers, conduct data entry and research, and reconcile reports
As an associate you will receive a competitve starting wage up to $19 per hour based on experience, a consistent Monday - Friday first shift work schedule, a strong work/life balance that includes paid vacation and holidays along with paid personal time off. You will also have access to medical, dental, and vision insurance and enjoy our company-paid life insurance and 401(k) savings with a company funded retirement plan. Schneider values individual development and offers a wide variety of opportunities through company-paid training and more than 170 personal development courses. What are you waiting for? You will love it here.
Our preferred candidate will have:
- Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent
- Prior experience working in warehouse, shipping or receiving work preferred
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Office applications with emphasis on MS Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Strong math and analytical skills
- Ability to safely operate warehouse machinery, i.e. hand truck, forklift and pallet jack. Forklift certification required within 30 days of employment
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
Schneider is a premier provider of transportation and logistics services. Our legacy started in 1935 with one man, one truck and one dream. Since then, we’ve grown and evolved to become a nearly $5 billion company (2019 revenue) with one of the broadest portfolios of services in the industry delivering superior customer experiences.
The Schneider Way:
- We treat our customers, associates, shareholders and suppliers with integrity, dignity and respect.
- We are a desirable employer due to our dedication to achieving mutually beneficial, lasting relationships.
- We are a responsible member of the community.
- Safety-first and always
- Integrity in every action
- Respect for all
- Excellence in all that we do
Rise to the challenge and become a part of the Schneider family. Be the difference with a leader in an industry that impacts the world. Apply today at http://www.schneiderjobs.com.
Schneider is an equal opportunity employer.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at Schneider
Our history has taught us that treating everyone with dignity and respect is vital to our ongoing success. We embrace and seek out diversity that is inclusive of thought, race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, experience and background. We find that this diversity and openness ensures that all our associates have equal access to opportunities and resources to contribute fully to the organization’s success, and it fuels innovation, improves strategic thinking and cultivates leadership. Navigate to the following link https://schneider.com/company/corporate-responsibility/diversity-equity-inclusion to learn more about DEI at Schneider.